The Storm

Noise
This post is 3825 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well hoping that your all ok and nothing has been damaged or hurt?

Driving to work this morning and i had to play tree surgion and rubbish man as the roads where covered in bin bags and trees. Some people are so stupid, they get given ample amounts of warning not to leave things out that could fly away, yet they still put rubbish bags out for the bin men to collect :wank4az:

Any way i got the warm happy feeling that i helped a few people get to work after removing these items from the road and the cuppa tea at work tasted all the more better.

Stay safe guys!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well I'm still waiting for the STORM to arrive? 09-45 in the morning and a slight splash of rain and blue sky off in the distance, I live in the 80MPH zone Gloucestershire and it's hardly what I would call END OF DAYS here!!! Millions of pounds worth of computers and still can't get it right, it would be simpler to stick your head out side and see what's happening. Think I might buy some seaweed and hang it by the back door!!!!

Yer all is now dry here in Yeovil, nothing really major happened bar few tree's and branches on the deck.

Just thought id post up to see if my biker mates are all good and well

Woke up to find my bike on it's side (it live on the drive cos there's nowhere else to put it). Thankfully nothing major. Will cost me a brake lever, grips, mirror bar clamp and that's about all. More annoying than anything.

Kind of got me thinking about weather and how we react to it these days.

Do we tend to overeact and make a crisis out of these events?

I'm sure that some of you,like me, remember the winter of 63. Jeez, snowed and froze all winter from around Christmas to mid march, snow several feet thick, even here. Never thawed until March.

School never shut, when we weren't in school, we were out sledging down Stony Clouds, building igloos etc, and never felt the cold

With 5 kids in the house, the kitchen was always full of wet clothes, and my father never missed a day off work, and mother never failed to go down to the localshops for the daily supplies. I dont recall either of them ever complaining.

Aunts and uncles were skating across Derwentwater between Portinscale and Keswick as they coul;dnt walk or drive there

Frost was so thick on my bedroom window it formed those wonderful tree like patterns

As a nation, we just seemto have got on with it, without emergency planners/risk assesors/weather forecasts/central heating..........

Cant help thinking perhaps.........nations gone soft?

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online