New old member

wal750
This post is 3986 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening all,

Thought it about time I introduced myself having been a member for a while now. :hyper:

I've had quite a few Yams over the years, starting on a DT50 initially before progressing onto XJ600 pre div (had 3 of these at different times), FZS600 Fazer, XJ600 diversion which I hated, XTZ750 Super Tenere, TDM850 and finally onto the XJ900F pre div I have now.

I live in Leicestershire and do all my own bike maintenance which has been made much easier by the addition of a hydraulic ramp recently (highly recommended).

I'm more of a lurker than a poster but will try and up my post count!

Cheers

Craig

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome, we are getting a few members in Leicestershire now, Burbage is not that far from me.

Hi Craig, Welcome to the YOC. :wavey:

Thanks for the welcomes Gents, it's nice to know there are a few local to me members around.

My XJ is quite tidy, not had it long but had it up on the ramp to overhaul the brakes, do the fork seals and a general service. All the usual stuff that older bikes tend to need when they've sat for a bit.

I was at Stafford myself but on my CX650 as the XJ had an intermittent issue with the lights. It was caused by a corroded fuse box and one of the contacts had become brittle. It seems so previous 'mechanic' had improvised with some blue tac or chewing gum, cant tell which. I picked up a new universal blade fuse holder from the show for £2.50 which I thought was a bargain. Now installed and working correctly :hah: but it seems the CX has the same issue on the tail light as well. All part of the fun of ownership I suppose :crazy:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online