Helmet LED Mod

feliks
This post is 3976 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I was just browsing ebay last night and came across this helmet light mod for $60.... it had 2 LEDs, a switch, and a battery....all of which, I already have, so I got to wiring and modifying and this is what I came up with! Cost me a total of $5, and most of that cost was the battery.

10380491523_b61dca3b95_c.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Doesn't it reflect off the inside of the visor when you have it down?

Not really at all, but they're mostly for fiddling around when I have the visor up, say putting gas in...checking tire pressure...whatever it may be.

What a good idea "BUT" don't the gas stations around you have lights? Should have made them red and scare the local devil worshippers.

What a good idea "BUT" don't the gas stations around you have lights? Should have made them red and scare the local devil worshippers.

Yeah most of them, but I do live out in the country...so even if I broke down on the side of the road it'd be good to have em! Red would be good but you can't ride with forward facing red lights here.

The thing that scares me is havin that switch so close to your eye,I don't see the need for them but if your going to keep them then get a small push button and mount it flush with the padding

Yeah a little push button might work better but I just used what i had on hand...it's in there quite solid and even in a crash I doubt it would move from where it's mounted. Appreciate the concern though, you guys do care. :D

should have a MOM switch under the chin and when you gawp and the lamps come on :D

he would look a right gawp

Nah, you need yellow lights all around the visor area. ALL good space helmets have lighting that blinds you, but lets everyone else see your face:

boom1.jpg