2 stroke pump

dtluke
This post is 3985 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As some may no i had to rebuild the topend of my dt again. as my powervalve needed work doing (skimmed) to match the bore, so all is well no leaks fires up alot better, and sounds good before when i started it on the choke it would be grumpy now it idles highiesh on choke like is should. really happy with the way shes rideing plenty of power but havnt wound her out yet . Have hit power ok just takeing it easy..How long u think the proccess of running in a rebuilt topend takes.. Sure its only piston and rings??? Well and a rebore!

So my main question is ive done just say 100 mile and the fecker is eating 2 stroke. going down nearly as quick as my fuel :shakeno:

were will i start to check any way of adjusting it?? Its on silkoline comp2t at present.

What if i disconnected it and ran a premix or is that a bad idea?? As i understand that the pump is working with the throttle split in 2 ,to the carb so will in theory be sending the right amount of oil at different rpm.. please correct me?? And if i run a premix what will it be for an all rounder because ive a habbit of letting her rip as well as a bit of enduro slow climbs and all (low rpms )if you get me

Ps.. Thanks in advance for any comments digs or sarcasm :tounge: luke.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Don't run a 2 stroke myself anymore but back in the day we all used premix in our bikes cos there was no other way until the Suzukis and Hondas came along, the only real problem with premix as I remember was that if you ran slow all the time you oiled up the plugs A LOT or if you ran fast you ran HOT and under oiled, you can run premix but it's not as good as the pumps that are on bikes today, not by a long way, if you don't mind rebuilding your bike on a regular basis then go for it but I would use the pump every time. There are a lot of strokers on here who will have better and more up to date advice so see what they say before you do anything.

• Like 1

500 miles. Use a quality 2 stroke oil and use the pump. Don't be tempted to do a little premix as well when you are running in. The oils today can handle a lot lower ratio.

That's my advice anyway.

Don't run a 2 stroke myself anymore but back in the day we all used premix in our bikes cos there was no other way until the Suzukis and Hondas came along, the only real problem with premix as I remember was that if you ran slow all the time you oiled up the plugs A LOT or if you ran fast you ran HOT and under oiled, you can run premix but it's not as good as the pumps that are on bikes today, not by a long way, if you don't mind rebuilding your bike on a regular basis then go for it but I would use the pump every time. There are a lot of strokers on here who will have better and more up to date advice so see what they say before you do anything.

yea cheers for that fella..hopefully going to book it in with yamaha next week as i really want to keep the pump in use as its intended., i no theres a way of adjusting it i just dont have a clue how! defo pumping out to much as what it should tho. :eusa_think:

500 miles. Use a quality 2 stroke oil and use the pump. Don't be tempted to do a little premix as well when you are running in. The oils today can handle a lot lower ratio.

That's my advice anyway.

is silkoline good? was recommended at bike shop for mx 2t..

defo dont need to do a little premix as i no its getting the oil ok.

Any quality synthetic will do. I like castrol power 1 racing myself. 500 miles with a gradual increase of revs as you go. The better the rings wear in the longer you can go before you need to have the top off again.

Just my opinion.

When running in use mineral oil it beds in the rings better. Then move to synthetic as said before oils are far better than the 70's.

Have a look if the pulley on the pump is operating properly at you twist the throttle. When the throttle is closed you will see that the 'pip' on the pulley is aligned with the peg (small screw) in the piston rod, If it isnt then use the cable adjuster to achieve this. Thats the only adjustment available

• Like 1

Have a look if the pulley on the pump is operating properly at you twist the throttle. When the throttle is closed you will see that the 'pip' on the pulley is aligned with the peg (small screw) in the piston rod, If it isnt then use the cable adjuster to achieve this. Thats the only adjustment available

ok ill have a look shortly.. sorry too sound dumb but just to check iwant to take the oilpump cover off and aligne the pully with the peg ill let you no what i come up with mate :eusa_shifty: cheers chap

This should give you the idea ;)

Pumpalignment.jpg

im lost thats a bit different to mine and i havnt a baldy what im meant to be lookin at..if i remember right when i changed my handlebars i adjusted the rev play on the throttle would this have anything to do with it? reason why i say this is then i just looked at the pully on the pump it was tight asif was stuck on a bit but when ive just put the throttle cable to how it was previously u could see it adjust on the pump also. if im thinking right it is pumping constanty (too much).. plz to god let this be it!!??!! :eusa_think:

otherwise yea i didnt have a clue what i was looking for allignment :eusa_doh: also started it up after and still cant believe how much crisper she sounds after the work done to p/v and new piston. just want to no why shes guzzling the 2t .suppose its not so bad as im running in new parts or is it??

• Like 1

bugger!...I'm not familiar with how to set up that pump :(

no worries pal ill just see if she runs any better.. high hopes but...otherwise will have to go to the garage theres noway it should be going through that amount of oil..would of thought 4 tanks atleast to the litre of 2t :eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh::eusa_doh:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online