CT1 air filter query

earthmover
This post is 3992 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks, first of what may be many questions as I try to resurrect my little imported 175.

I have tried Yambits, Wemoto and CMS to no avail for the air filter element. I have the cage, if it is

Indeed the right cage, but the filter itself was just some old sponge stuffed in the air box. Anyone know what would be compatible? The box is vaguely diamond shaped when looking in, and maybe 4 inches deep.

Cheers

Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can get filter foam off fleabay. Is it a cage that holds replacement foam or has the foam or paper element perished? Photos are always good.

Hi DirtyDT,

I hadn't thought of "rolling my own" as it were, but I suppose that could be an option if there isn't a pre formed one available.

It certainly looks as if it had been a foam filter originally. Will sort photos out once I get my camera back. Left it in my son's car, and he's not back until Thursday! Doh!

Mark

My YA has a one piece paper and mesh jobbie so I brought a NOS one for that but the TS has a cage where the foam can be replaced.

Ho hum. Trawling through CMS's parts listing throws up a curious thing, they have foam filters for CT2 and 3 models, wheras CT1's appear to have paper filters, which are unavailable.

So it looks as if I may have a CT2/3, especially as it has a reed valve. Have ordered one anyway, along with a crankcase gasket, so will see soon enough.

Mark

If the part number is 248-14451-00-00 then you could look out for air filters for the following models:

1969 AT1E

1969 AT1M

1969 CT1

1970 AT1B

1970 AT1MB

1970 ATM1B

1970 CT1B

1971 AT1C

1971 AT1MX

1971 CT1C

Which should be the same. As with everything, check before you buy.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online