Haven for the XT!

YamaHead
This post is 6676 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Departed last Saturday for Prineville where my brother lives....as I needed to be in Bend on Monday for a job interview. My timing wasn't bad as I was trying to dodge some snow showers that were occurring @ the pass on Hwy 26. Shoulda seen the looks I got from some punk-ass SnowBoarders in the parking lot of Mt. Hood SkiBowl as I 2-Wheeled through in the snow. :huh: I then went just up the road to Gov't Camp to top off the tank, where the pump-jockey referred to me as the StuntMan :lol: .....

GovtCamp.jpg

I then forged on through the wet snow that fortunately wasn't sticking too well to the tarmac. Made it through the pass & out onto the plateau that leads across the Warm Springs Indian Rez. Pulled over @ Mill Creek for a stretch & to finally get some pics of this beautiful narrow, deep, rugged canyon....especially in the winter B) .....

MillCreek1.jpg

MillCreek2.jpg

MillCreek3.jpg

Even got 1 of the underside of Hwy26....as I needed to duck outta site to take a piss! :unsure: .....

MC_Bridge.jpg

Then made it down the next valley into the thriving Metropolis of Warm Springs Oregon :D .....

WarmSprings.jpg

The Rainbow Market is where I always make Beer runs to when I'm visiting the Ka-Nee-Tah resort as they DON'T sell beer on the Rez, but they DO sell hard liqour :headscratch: ...a popular hang-out for all the local Drunk Indians :buzz:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Finally made it to Prineville where I got up Sunday morning & went outside to get my lungs filled up with some seriously clean, crisp air.

This is what my brother see's from his living room window B) ......

MorningView.jpg

My Bro & I then went into Bend to pinpoint the location of the Engineering office where I had the Interview on Monday. After we got back he suggested that we take a spin up into the Ochoco Mtn's that are literally only 10 mins away from his place. :thumb: He was leading the way with his DR650, but as the snow got deeper, he realised just how top heavy that beast can be.....so he backed off his pace & let me lead till we decided to turn around here as we were getting pretty cold by this point.....

OchocoRide.jpg

Then went back to his place, warmed up & then did some skeet shooting right on his property.....Great Fun! It sure must be nice to live on a 10 acre spread @ 4,100ft.......His 11yr. old best friend sure loves it.....

Matthew.jpg

Unfortunately, I found out today that I DIDN'T get the job :( .....The owner told me IF I was already living there, I woulda had it for sure. I'm still gonna keep trying to land some work over there though, as I'm totally sick of this soggy Sh*thole of a town that I've been living in all my life! <_< I wanna move to Central Oregon & never leave! :wub:

Looks like you had a good ride there Scott, bummer about the job though, Keep trying

Lovely scenery 10 acres Skeet shooting as well (clay pigeon to us brits) what a life

merv

that's a nice dog! :) good pics/story yam B) esp like the one in the snow/woods!

Thanx Alan!

Yep, my Bro's dog Matthew.....has got to be 1 of the Coolest dogs I've ever known ;)

Those steel Blue eyes of his, will stare a hole right through you.....especially when you're eating something! :D ....he knows it's me when I show up.....well before I actually arrive @ the top of the 1/4 mile long driveway.......he knows the sound of my XT ;)

& Riding in the Ochoco Mtn's (Snowy pic) is an absolute blast!......Primo DualSport Terrain B)

Can't wait to go back for another round of that! ;)

Yow! Some trip there Scott!

Smashing pictures, like Alan says a lovely looking dog your brother has. The scenery is pretty impressive as well! What a view to look at from the window!

Sorry it wasn't more succesful in terms of the job but hang on in there as they say and something will turn up.

Andy

Lovely scenery 10 acres Skeet shooting as well (clay pigeon to us brits) what a life

merv

Yeah.....we refer to 'em as "Clays" also Merv ;)

Edited by YamaHead

• Admin

Everything happens for a reason mate, and im sure something better will come along. Excellent pics and that sure looked like fun B)

It was Fun Alex! ;) .....can't wait to do it again. My bro is gone till Feb. which'll give me enough time to dial-in my YamaHauler for the trek over the Cascade Mtn. pass as I'm taking the missus & lad with me next ;) I've got her convinced from my pics, that we're selling our house & moving! B)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online