newbie from barnsley.

nedadrian
This post is 3860 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, ive just joined and like the look of things. I've been into bike all my adult life. I own a yas1 125, and 2 yl1 100cc. I'm into restoring bikes and later down the line I'm hoping some of you can help me with a few obstacles I've encountered.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Nice old 2 strokes in your list. Start a thread in the workshop or classic sections of the forum with the questions. I have a project YA-6 on the go at the moment.

welcome aboard! I'm sure you will enjoy the forum, loads of knowledge and humor.

Barnsley is where i got my husky from!....long old way aways.

The 2 yl1 bikes need registering and I've been told I might struggle with the dvla. Which section do I need to be in to get help and advice for this.

Start a thread in the classic section which can be found from near the bottom of the start page.

The YA-6 and my RD400 both need registering, the YA is a US import but I have NOVA'ed it and have a dating cert so half way there. Start the new thread with the status and questions. Here is a start

I may have a pair of NOS chrome engine covers somewhere for one of your bikes.

the brake pedal look ok :)))

hi adrian, welcome to the forum ;)

It did look like this when I brought it:

ya61.jpg

But you have to strip it to restore it.

Barnsley is where i got my husky from!....long old way aways.

Yay! Husky owner like me Welshy!! Lol!

Oh and welcome to the forum, I'm t'other side of the Pennines, in Glossop! Share piccies when you can.

Yay! Husky owner like me Welshy!! Lol!

Oh and welcome to the forum, I'm t'other side of the Pennines, in Glossop! Share piccies when you can.

Engaging brain (alcohol) - I'm guessing you're talking about your big bike...!! Ha ha! What an idiot...!

Engaging brain (alcohol) - I'm guessing you're talking about your big bike...!! Ha ha! What an idiot...!

Did you think i was talking about a dog? :spin2:

staffys or staffy crosses are the only dogs i've ever had....

and bugger traveling that far for a pet anyways hahahaha....was enough of a push to go and get a bike from there.

but i can see how confusion may have taken place :hah:

Did you think i was talking about a dog? :spin2:

staffys or staffy crosses are the only dogs i've ever had....

and bugger traveling that far for a pet anyways hahahaha....was enough of a push to go and get a bike from there.

but i can see how confusion may have taken place :hah:

Ha ha, I did!! Having a husky (dog) myself it was clearly on my mind... Never mind, I'd just come back from the pub so I'm blaming that...!! Hmm...

Anyway, hope you're getting used to your new bike, they're bloody fast little things.

• Like 1

:welcome:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online