Hi , New YB100 owner. Leicestershire

Jb1
This post is 3811 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

1379273_524008204349085_1868551203_n.jpg

Hi new to the forum , just thought I'd say a quick hello! This is my 1983 YB100 , which I brought around 2 hours ago for £380 , with 12 months mot, but when I got it none of the electrics worked but it kicked first time and ran beautifully, just wondered if it is likely to be the battery as I think it's a 6 volt so would it not hold as much charge? I am charging it tomorrow night just to make sure before I do anything rash.

It's a tad rusty here and there and the paint is somewhat faded , so there is some restoration to be carried out , also it has no indicators, dropped bars and a cafe racer-ish seat .

Oh yer , I'am from Leicestershire bordering Northamptonshire if any one wants a rideout , well when my electrics are tick tock anyway.

Jimi B

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi jimi" :welcome: looks cool, drop bars,,, remember shes a 2stroke,, kep the oil tank topped up, them little 6volter"s are crap battery"s .

i"v bought a few , they dont last,,, Member Campaman is near ,, [Market Harbourgh.] ...

Hey, cheers. Went on it early and it rides like a dream, the riding position took a while to get use to . Yer will do been warned constantly of the fact aha ! Might have to buy 2 then charge one and use the other , I only see one kind on ebay so i presume there is not much room for upgrading the battery. That's good to know , as I am only 6 milesfrom Harborough , thank you

I am in Loughborough.

Buy a sealed 6v battery for an alarm. Get the dimensions from you old battery and check the amp hours first.

Welcome, do the electrics work once the bike is running?

Go on then, 6 miles from Harborough = where.

Cheers

Andy

Got the electrics running , there were aload of unoriginal joints on the wire between fuse and battery , just made up a wire straight from fuse to battery and now the electrics (apart from the oil and neutral light ) work , but only whilst the bike is running < is this normal . The battery only had 4volts even after charging so I brought a new one . And just down the road campaman Husbands bosworth

There's a couple of people from Bosworth that work for the same company as me, Andrew Lambert and his son George from Lamas Close, and Ian Marlow our MD is my Dads partner in the business used to live in Bosworth, his Mum & Dad and I think his sister Belinda still do.

• 2 weeks later...

Ha Cheers Tommy ! Any closer to the end of the month and I'd snap it up ! and Campaman what a small world , I live on Lammas close with my girlfriend , not really got to know the neighbors yet though . What company do you work for?

Very good nigel :spin2:

Jb1

I work for a company called AMC (UK) Fasteners Ltd in Corby, we used to be in Market Harborough but moved the business to Corby about ten years ago, we make steel Nuts (for bolts etc.).

• 1 month later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online