Hello. Looking for Opinion

DaveCarlson
This post is 4010 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I posted this in the new introduction section as well. Sorry for the redudancy.

Hi,
New to this forum but not to bikes. I'm thinking about getting an older 2 stroke and have settled on either a '73 RT1 360 enduro or a '79 DT 250F. As many of you know these are enduro street/trail type bikes. Anyone have an opinion one way or the other? If you do I would appreciate your input.

Thanks, Dave

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

RT1 for me.

The DT is no faster than the 175 DT and parts are a lot harder to find. The extra cubes will help when riding and keeping up with modern traffic.

Welcome. Lots of 2 stroke owners here, I have three.

Hi Dave

My choice would be the later 250 1979 bike, I just prefer the look, both bikes should appreciate in value, I figure the 79 Bike would be a better bike to run benefiting from some model updates that the 360 would not of received,

Hi dave,,, :wavey: , The RT1 has a great sound to it,,, it is the smaller bike tho, if your tall . the DT250MX would be more suitable

Rt for me too. Dt 250 does nothing a 175 wont, performance is similar. They got used as learners too remember. So chances of abuse far higher.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online