XT500 Flooding

mcferreira100
This post is 4028 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi..been off the forum for awhile as work intervened with my projects. Have acquired a XT just yesterday.

Here`s how she looks..want to get it looking better.

3sob.jpg
She starts easily..only thing when I took it down the road and tried to open up she started dying..fuel pouring out carb overflow..so I`m guessing float valve faulty again same as my DT175...a good carb clean no doubt required. What is with these Yamaha carbs? Although must say bike stood for 6 months.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

looks like the perfect bike to SM as it need to be striped down the last nut and bolt to repaint,clean paint off the parts that shouldn't be painted.The tank is going to be fun getting that huge dent out,but in all a great base to start with save for the missing side pannel looks like a complet bike.

Have fun fixing her back up and keep the pict's comming

Actually the tank is dent free..everyone seems to think that's a dent the way the light is falling on it. I also have the sidecovers.

Couple more pics.

fvso.jpg
lm1a.jpg

I think the front needs to be raised a little..so considering extending front forks. In two minds whether to keep mudguards black..think they look quite cool. This was the all silver version before previous owner went crazy with black paint. The frame and engine have an ugly thick black paint on..will all have to come off. For the tank I want to go black and silver paint scheme with the large XT500 logo on it..(see pic). Would like to go supermoto way but getting a front end and wheels will no doubt break the bank.

kvey.jpg