Dt 125 cut out and won't start?

Dt rich
This post is 3888 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all I'm new here first post

I have a 1996 dt125r payed 1000 for it yesterday got 2 miles from my house after picking it up and it just cut out and would not start back up would just make a loud pop from the pipe.

How ever I have managed to have a look on a lot of forums and they all say different things I have solved the problem with a ten minute job (after a whole day scratching my head) taking things part. Basically the wire that goes in to your magneto take that off give it a good clean (with brush or some emery paper) and that was all it took hope this helps any one in the same boat as me also I silliconed the gasket of the magneto houseing as it was horrible old 2stroke getting trough the gasket (is a new gasket kit aswell) want any info on this topic just ask

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Rich I guess thats your name,,, nice first intro with help instead of a question,what else are you into if you look you will find the new members section and you can add what you want about youself,but nice to have you aboard giving help.I think this might help someone else out, the bike with the 170 kit he's been scratching his head for months possibly this is the answer to his problems care to add some more details?

Edit 2 stroke in the mag= you have problems with the crank seal best change it out

Ok rich" this shudda been your second post, an intro in the new members section your first..

Good info tho... :yeah:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Not being cynical but I don't think that every DT125 that won't start will be due to this. That said it is a good thing for people to check.

• 1 month later...

Sorry for late reply been busy and sorry I am on my phone so getting use to website did not no there was intro bit will find it and post in there.

Checked crank seal an you was right so replaced that and haven't had a problem since except magneto fell off after i had done it to specific tightness (from haynes) so rang motorbike shop they said yamaha thread lock it at the factory done that touch wood no problems

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online