DEP Quickshifter anyone tried it?

Yamahdan
This post is 3861 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Have been looking around for a few bits to buy once the DT is built, seen and heard a lot about these but wondering if anyone has had first hand experience with them.. apparently it allows you to keep the throttle held open and change up through the gears..

I would like some more info because they're over £200 and if it don't work as promised then its a lot down the tube..

This is the only place I can find them:

https://www.cisport.co.uk/Product-Detail_/pg%5Fbp%5Fcle%5Fdep/CDASC23B

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Spend it on a rider training day. Make you much quicker than that will.

• Like 1

Al it does is cut the spark as you select gear. that drops the drive on gearshaft , allowing the gearchange.

just change up without clutch, its quick enuff, mind close throttle tho... :eusa_whistle:

£200 + the damaged it could do if it doesn't work right, just not worth the hassle IMO

but if you do decide to go with it. Do a thead in reviews so others don't make the same mistake :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Holy duck have you never hear of clutchless shifiting,,,,load shifter,blip throttle,bang you have the next gear,no need for this crap.

As Cynic said spend a day on riding skills and keep the rest for beer ,,,,at the end of the day you will be better off.

Holy duck have you never hear of clutchless shifiting,,,,load shifter,blip throttle,bang you have the next gear,no need for this crap.

As Cynic said spend a day on riding skills and keep the rest for beer ,,,,at the end of the day you will be better off.

Yes I know about clutchless change, I've ridden all of my mx bikes like it and the DT was no different, just wondered how much difference this thing would make...

The difference it would make IMO would be alot of unintentional up shifts if you wear mx boots,accidentaly tap the shifter and you get a up shift you didn't want or worse a half shift and bugger the tranny, no way I would put that on my dirt bike,now if I were drag racing the bandit and looking to shave a few thou of a second off my time then I might try one,but then I think I would stick with what I know works and go with a air shifter or a selonoide e shifter and press the button for shifts and let the air shifter do all the work.If the Top fuel bikes and indy cars can use them with proven success then you know it works. That thing look's cheap and hookey to me,, bent far to many shifter's MXXING to trust that to get me to the finnish line without breaking.or cutting out the ignition so I couldn't even finnsh

The difference it would make IMO would be alot of unintentional up shifts if you wear mx boots,accidentaly tap the shifter and you get a up shift you didn't want or worse a half shift and bugger the tranny, no way I would put that on my dirt bike,now if I were drag racing the bandit and looking to shave a few thou of a second off my time then I might try one,but then I think I would stick with what I know works and go with a air shifter or a selonoide e shifter and press the button for shifts and let the air shifter do all the work.If the Top fuel bikes and indy cars can use them with proven success then you know it works. That thing look's cheap and hookey to me,, bent far to many shifter's MXXING to trust that to get me to the finnish line without breaking.or cutting out the ignition so I couldn't even finnsh

Right, just so that I'm sure, your advising against it then? lol...

Thanks for the reply...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online