SR125 slow to rev

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 3904 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Over the past month I have noticed the initial rev take up to be slow. Also experiencing almost a 'choking' effect when I have closed off the throttle to slow down and then open back up again. I have checked the carb settings and the air filter and all seems ok. Anybody have any ideas?

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers Drewpy

Hadn't thought of the fuel filter. The service is planned for this Sunday so I can check everything then. First real bit of freetime in a couple of months!

Best to see what it feels like after the service. Condition of the plug, and it's gap as well as any fuel filter. Has it happened with more than one tank of fuel?

I've put about 3 tanks through with it doing this. Strangely, before the engine is really warm it is absolutely fine.

Should have bought a Kia... mine's never slow to rev :P

If it's okay when could, sounds like a symptom of lean running?, see if its any better with the choke in a partially open condition

Should have bought a Kia... mine's never slow to rev :P

If it's okay when could, sounds like a symptom of lean running?, see if its any better with the choke in a partially open condition

Lol! Didnt know they made bikes!?!

Could be running a bit lean as my mpg has got better recently. I'll check it tomorrow.

Btw - which Kia is it you have?

The almighty sportage :)

DSC_0034_zps1619ce52.jpg

Although now i have my FTO, so the kia just sits on base being used as a tool shed/tow vehicle for doing runs to the scrappy, i would sell it if the right offer came along but right now its fine just sitting there.

Its all about the mitsy now :) especially when i get the LPG kit up and running, 28mpg on a run, but at 70p a litre thats almost as good as my old XJ600 was! :D

1253_10151604692433961_2147127173_n.jpg

DSC_0173_zps8d18feb2.jpg

More toys than an only child, dvd player, moodlights, original road flare e.t.c :)

As kia's go... the sportage is one of the better ones. I was stuck behind a '13 plate one yesterday and had to take a second look!

FTO - very sexy and with LPG would beat my 2.2 Primera for economy! Top speed? (Obviously on private ground). I had my Primera up to 123 on Sat nav.

The New Kia sportage do look lovely, but it would be a bit too nice for lugging tools and bike parts around.

As for the FTO it's electronically limited to 118mph (cuts all power and coasts down to about 105mph)... It can be removed but I haven't got round to it

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online