Yamaha Rs200 air filter

richard rs200
This post is 3943 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oily damp, as previously said. 2 stroke oil.

What ever you do, don't forget to to up the 2 stroke oil reservoir with some good stuff - not 4 stroke oil though!.

Phew.

I have seen it happen a lot when people aren't used to 2 strokes - even happens when people are 2 stroke experts (but I won't mention Cynics name :ssst: )

• 2 weeks later...

Phew.

I have seen it happen a lot when people aren't used to 2 strokes - even happens when people are 2 stroke experts (but I won't mention Cynics name :ssst: )

I do seem to recall having lights, horn, easy starting, good idle, a battery that was fine and a bike able to do the rideout last year..........

Awful lot of ribing for a bulb. I have time..........plenty of time......

• Like 1

I do seem to recall having lights, horn, easy starting, good idle, a battery that was fine and a bike able to do the rideout last year..........

Awful lot of ribing for a bulb. I have time..........plenty of time......

Ouch :lol:

Nothing wrong with a Kn filter,but as said don't remove the air box to install cros winds rain ect will all efeect the way the bike runs,with a bit of work they can be installed inside the air box on a old girl like yours.If you air flter installs with a centrla bolt and wing nut dril a hole in the k&n and mount it,job done in minutes.If not then think about how you can hold one in place inside the air box I'v seen alot done different ways,alloy tubes with a flang to mount it on ,tube screwd to the air box and sealed with foam.Custom made aloy air box with a top flat style air filter from another bike.original air box moded to accept a flat style filter where the mettal lid fit on then all the other hole's closed off so the only air comming in is filtered.

There is always a way to fit 1 in/with the box if you think about it and you shouldn't need to re jet,but if you fit one then a quick plug chop will tell if it's needed,normal just a bit of tuning to the carb is all thats need move the needle up and some moree fuel with the pilot screw ect..

The air box keeps the air flow ballanced and thats the ultimate goal

No problem, Richard,, when you sort it post a pict,other's might need the info of how to mod thier box.

Also look at car filters for size fitment,if you chose to mod the top of the box. Some of the jap cars might fit .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online