'Chink' was the sound, then the sound of silence

Airhead
This post is 4036 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thanks dirtydt yeah she's looking good, not been out yet I've spent a lot of time getting her sorted so I had to take the mrs out she's been stuck in all weekend. I'm hoping the weather holds and I can get out a few evenings this week but it maybe from wednesday, I've also put a 26mm carb on so I'm tinkering with jetting at the moment.

yeah eddie I took the plunge in the end after a bad experience ascending a bloody steep hill (wynatts pass) in Derbyshire in June, got some horrendous pinking and watched the temperature gauge indication fairly rocket in short order! and I'm pretty sure the jetting was right at that time so maybe the offset squish was the culprit after all?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks dirtydt yeah she's looking good, not been out yet I've spent a lot of time getting her sorted so I had to take the mrs out she's been stuck in all weekend. I'm hoping the weather holds and I can get out a few evenings this week but it maybe from wednesday, I've also put a 26mm carb on so I'm tinkering with jetting at the moment.

yeah eddie I took the plunge in the end after a bad experience ascending a bloody steep hill (wynatts pass) in Derbyshire in June, got some horrendous pinking back in June and watched the temperature gauge indication fairly rocket in short order! and I'm pretty sure the jettiing was right at that time so maybe the offset squish was the culprit after all?

Ahh Wynatts Pass... I used to practice around there on my 125. Managed to keep up with a 'summer rider' on a sports bike at the beginning of summer. Granted we were going downhill and he wasn't trying, but still...!

Your DT is looking great Paul, still amazed by its age. A true example of a bike.

Ahh Wynatts Pass... I used to practice around there on my 125. Managed to keep up with a 'summer rider' on a sports bike at the beginning of summer. Granted we were going downhill and he wasn't trying, but still...!

Your DT is looking great Paul, still amazed by its age. A true example of a bike.

just wait until you see my :eusa_think: erm ? anyway just you wait. :eusa_snooty:

well done on getting it together so soon paul..

• Like 1

Heh. Knowing the condition that barrel was in its a top effort to turn it around.

That head could be the dt holy grail then? let me know if it works so I can get one before the rush.

Might help that 26 work too. I got either good wot performance OR low ( sub 4k) never both. Mi.d it did shif if you could live with it. Cutting out at the lights.

Oh I wouldn't cancel out the head not helping out in the HP department,I would have to think with the plug being in the right spot it's going to provide a cleaner/fuller burn of the fuel HEMI head's always work better.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online