Yamaha xj600s Clutch Pressurs plate bolts.

melvynford
This post is 3971 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi can anyone tell me the Torque setting for the clutch pressure plate bolts on a xj600s Diversion year 200.

I bought a manual and it says 8Nm .I Torqued said bolts to this setting and broke a fecking bolt. Now the end of the bolt is stuck inside the clutch boss. Any info would help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

possibly your torque wrench isn't sensitive enough for such light applications,or the wrong bolts? the bolt should just turn out with your finger though.If not get a left drill bit and then it should come out.

Melvyn, I just did the "SAME DAMNED THING" with the Suzuki a couple of days ago, your best bet is to see if the bolt is actually tight in the thread, I poked around inside the thread and was surprised to find that the bolt end was in fact loose, it seems that the steel collar that sits inside the spring holds the thread from getting to tight and if your lucky the bolt has not gone fully into the housing, I think you will find that the bolts have a long unthreaded shaft and it should break off at about the thread shaft junction, at least mine did, so your best bet is to get up close and personal with a bright light shining down the hole and pray to the gods of good luck that some judicious poking and prying will make the bugger move, I used an old worn electrical screwdriver and a toffee hammer to gently work it out. Good luck mate, the alternative is to get a really fine drill and drill the centre and whack in a self tapper screw and see if you can get it out that way.

Melvyn, I just did the "SAME DAMNED THING" with the Suzuki a couple of days ago, your best bet is to see if the bolt is actually tight in the thread, I poked around inside the thread and was surprised to find that the bolt end was in fact loose, it seems that the steel collar that sits inside the spring holds the thread from getting to tight and if your lucky the bolt has not gone fully into the housing, I think you will find that the bolts have a long unthreaded shaft and it should break off at about the thread shaft junction, at least mine did, so your best bet is to get up close and personal with a bright light shining down the hole and pray to the gods of good luck that some judicious poking and prying will make the bugger move, I used an old worn electrical screwdriver and a toffee hammer to gently work it out. Good luck mate, the alternative is to get a really fine drill and drill the centre and whack in a self tapper screw and see if you can get it out that way.

Hi Slice thanks for the info. Turned the clutch boss over and was able to get at the bolt with a small drill without damaging to the thread. Low and behold I got the blighter out with a small screw driver :hah:

Good news, just shows that this site is more than useful on occasion and telling people how you messed up can help with advise, glad you got it out ok, the next time I do a clutch I will be more careful when doing up the bolts and not be so ham fisted :madflame: just pinch them up not wind them into next week!!!!

That was what I thought would happen the thread aren't under pressure wonce the head snaps off

I never torque them just turn them down to tight by hand with blue thread locker .They can't come loose because the spring is always holding pressure on them

Never thought of that!!! makes sense when you think about it really, should think myself lucky that I never snapped them all off.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online