ANPR CAMERAS

sparky67
This post is 4035 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can ANPR cameras pick up motorcycle number plates as I need to pick up a scooter for my son and my insurance won't cover me because I don't legally own the bike how does it work or should I just stuff it in a back of a van

Sparky67

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have no idea what is a ANPR camera but if is those yelow cameras for speeding, I guess the scooter is to small to get any reaction from a speed camera.

Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras can indeed read your plates and there are forward-facing cameras.
Also, there are these things called Police Officers (we have a couple on the forum here) who rove around doing random checks and they (mostly :P ) can read your number plate, as well as see if you're taxed, check MOT, etc.

Seek out a short term/temporary cover from another company or something, or get Fully Comp insurance which covers you TP on any bike so long as you have the owner's permission.

Don't ride without insurance - That'd just make you another prick statistic like the teenage 'Ped Boy dickheads out there and, in the event of a crash, you might seriously fuck up someone else's life as well... or at least have one hefty bill plus a fine on your head!!

common sense say's put it in a van.

i'm at the understanding even with fully comp, if your not the owner,

the bike will still need to be insured by somebody before it can be ridden .

common sense say's put it in a van.

i'm at the understanding even with fully comp, if your not the owner,

the bike will still need to be insured by somebody before it can be ridden .

Definitely as you can't have road tax without insurance so would not be legal to even keep on the road.

I have removed the duplicate thread in the bar area. DDT

Are you sure? :D

if you're on a provisional chances are they will NOT cover third-party-only on other bikes, ive been un-restricted on my A licence for a year now and this is the only year i have been given cover on other bikes, i tried getting it on my provisional licence with the DT but it was unreasonable.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online