thunderace tps

iwata
This post is 3965 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi people just found the site so ive joined and its good to meet you all ,my question is what is the correct ohm setting for the tps on the thunderace as ive noticed its slotted so there must be adjustment and if its like my ccm was with the Suzuki engine it was just put on at the factory so the bike would run but needed fine tuning, if I remember rite I had to have the throttle fully open and measure across the outer two pins on the block connector and then the inner ones and take a reading and what the difference was is what the tps was set at but this is vague as I cant remember lol so thanks for your help in anticipation

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You may get better (or some) replies if you say hello first in the new members section. Please see the link for some information

Looking in the Workshop manual it say's to set the TPS position you turn the main ignition switch on, disconnect the TPS coupler , reconnect the TPS coupler which puts the machine into the TPS adjustment mode. You then loosen the TPS adjustment screws and turn the TPS until the tacho needle reads 5,000 rpm.Once done tighten the screws and either start the bike or turn off and back on the ignition switch to return to normal mode. Hope this helps.

Tony