ybr chain

jackm20010
This post is 4054 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have recently tightened my chain about a month ago now and it has gone back to being slack again. I have kept it clean and lubricated using muc off chain cleaner and lubricant. How often does a chain need tightening is my question and is my products being used good? Or anything else.

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Chains wear and create loose and tight spots. You may have adjusted it at a tighter point and now it appears to be loose. Chains always need to be adjusted at their tightest spot. To find the right spot, you turn the rear wheel a little and test the movement at the midway point between the two sprockets. You do this several times at different points in the chain. Getting it wrong can snap the chain at worst or wear the bearings out prematurely at best. Do you know how old the chin is or how many miles it has done? It may be time to change it. Always change the sprockets when changing the chain.

They also come in various quality's. I like x ring chains but on a smaller bike I would look at an O ring chains too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online