Thought I'd said goodbye to my Dog yesterday

Tommy xs
This post is 3147 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yeah it's a busy house hold now - but Huskies in themselves are hard work, so having a further addition isn't too much bother. It certainly has its benefits having a puppy with an older dog in the house. Someone to learn from!

• Like 1

We got a labrador cross husky and she is a pain in the ass most of the time but we love her to bits! If you can handle the constant brushing, hoovering and hair everywhere then a husky will make a great family member. But if you love the easy life best to just get a gold fish haha 

• Like 2

Yeah Huskies are hard work...! I sweep the kitchen and living room floor twice a day and vacuum once a day... He's brushed weekly and the amount of fur is incredible. When shedding, that becomes a daily job. I know people with 6 huskies and I don't know how they cope...!

• Like 1

If you don't mind hair (or slobber) then Newfoundlands are the way to go. We somehow ended up with three !!

• Like 1

Never owned a Husky, but we did have a Samoyed. Of all the dogs I owned I fekkin hated that thing. I have never met a dog (and I worked 14yrs as a dog handler) .that was as ignorant and selfish as that fekker. Here he is with my real dog

Max%20n%20Sammy%20in%20the%20snow_zpsryp

• Like 3

Ha ha! Luckily my Husky is pretty good, but your description of your Samoyed sounds like some of the other Huskies I know... Thankfully ours is a foodie, well mannered (waits at doors / stairs etc), is quiet and happy to do any trick in the book for attention. Absolutely love going camping with the guy.

This was them this morning after a good swim in the reservoir. Well, she spent her time just stood in the water watching our Husky swimming after sticks, but still, she is only 13 weeks!

A027A6BC-063C-4E4C-BA0B-9C340E6EF7ED.jpg

• Like 6

Here's a pic of tammy (white one) with our other dog pups who was ment to be a Patterdale but turned out to be a pure lurcher and we soon had to give him up as they sadly didn't get on. He's now on a farm working hard.

• Like 3