A new old boy racer

spot1
This post is 3917 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,i came across your forum while doing a bit of research on my dt175mx so thought i would join up for a closer look.I have been into bikes since i was about 14 so over 30 years,i have had a large selection of bikes over the years from 50cc peds to a 1300cc sidecar but have always had a old mx kicking about.Anyway my present one i have had for 14years and she has 1700miles on the clock.She is looking a bit tired and i am in 2 minds weather to start to restore her or leave as is.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Its been very hard over the years to refrain from putting on the fresco and boyseen reeds let alone the jackup kit.But i remember all to well the number of holed pistons i got with them mods.

:welcome:

Ya found a wealth of info and I'm sure you have alot to add,welcome :beerchug:

Thanks for the welcome folks,i am going to start collecting a few bits and give my dt a bit of a refresh over the winter.Will be having a good look through some of the resto threads on here over the next few days to get some ideas.

thanks Richard.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online