2 stroke oil spec?

Rickylee
This post is 4055 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Got a Yam tzr50 2006 (2 stroke of course)

Can anyone tell me what exactly kind of oil i should use or will any 2 stroke (bike) oil do?

This bike is new to me so if anyone could steer me in the right direction as to what problems i should look out for on this model would be great too.

Thanks.

R.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Any quality oil will work cheap oils have a high ash content and will foul plugs and collect in the ring seat,synthetics are the choice of all the racers.As the oil yourputting in is what is protecting your motor buy good oil if you want it to last.Castrol seems to be very popular on your side of the pond and Motoul here.

1 rule of thumb is to always run the same oil don't mix and match,so while you might pay a bit more from a gas station for oil ,if that makes it easier to always run the same then thats a good way to go.

And it smells better. A higher quality oil is more forgiving if the engine spec is out a little. Changes to fuel content and higher quality oils developed after the bikes were designed means that often, on older bikes using the original oil pump, more oil is used than required and the mix of oil to fuel could be changed. I would bother to mess with the oil pump though if it is working correctly.

Using quality oil is normally cheaper than having to repair a blown engine. Easier too.

My local Yammie dealer sells Putoline, I always get the sport/race spec ones.

So I usually run that or Silkolene.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online