reg plate advise

kearnsy123
This post is 4054 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ive moved from ireland to scotland and was wondering how i go about changing my irish reg on my fz6 to a uk plate does it cost much etc and would i have to do it ?

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The first thing I would check is how long you can use it in the UK without doing anything. I think it is a year but not sure.

Get a V/55 form. An import pack is available from here LINKY which may help.

Taken from another forum

"........For Republic of Ireland, you Insure the car on its VIN plate number, then take it to an MOT station in UK. Once you have that certificate you take all the documents you have for the car to a DVLA office. There is a registration fee and you pay for the TAX then they send you the new REGISTRATION document and TAX DISC with the UK reg plate they have given you......"

Check out if you need to apply for a UK driving license too.

• Like 1

Grand thanks dirtydt

How would i go about insureing it and tax it for a year in uk ?? It jas a years irish tax on it

You can insure on the frame number for the change over. You won't be able to tax it until you get the paperwork to the DVLA. I would use the bike for a while on Irish plates, get the documents from the DVLA. Take the bike for an MOT on the frame number, get insurance on the frame number, take these and some cash to the DVLA office, give them these, the V55 and some cash (£55 plus the tax money) and then they will send you the V5 and a tax disk. You should then tell the insurer of your reg number to get an insurance certificate with the bikes number. Off to halfords and get a number plate made up and you are done.

That just leaves your driving licence.

I think this is right but it is worth checking as I have been wrong in the past.

Ok found out today i cannot drive the bike on my provisonal licence in the uk ..... not happy at all its just sitting there in the garage and im dieing to take it out ... could anyone tell me were i stand with my provisonal A licence and ive done my IBT course also ive repeated my module 5 ..... would this mean anyting to me in uk

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online