Custome cables needed

homer382
This post is 4064 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all. I want to put a set of 16" ape hangers on my xvs650 and was just wondering if anyone out there can tell me where I can get a set of control cables made or where I can get a universal kit from? would prefer to buy in the U.K but if anyone knows of a cheaper option abroad I would go further afield.. would prefer stainless steel.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just about anywhere that offers braided cables should be able to make you up a really nice set.

Thing is, you either go for cheap, or for good. The two are rarely good friends.

If your good with a solderig iron you could always cut the wires and extend them your self thus using the same plugs.

You can buy the bowden inner and outer casings to make up your own, alternatively these people are available

http://www.venhill.co.uk/About_us

Ive put some 16 inch apes on mine and used venhill, theyre great. Take your cables off and post them to them. Job done

Just get some wire, soldering wire and iron, heat shrink and an hour away from the Wife = job done and for less than a tenner

carrot cycles do them too or vehicle wiring products do a bowden cable kit

A tip, the barrel nipple that fits in to the throttle tube may need the outside edge filing off a little so it fits correctly

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online