Have I caused more damage?

Grouch
This post is 4068 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys hope everyone is ok and not missing me too much. Hopefully I will get the bike sorted soon! The bike has stood in my garden for a good few months now with no oil in the engine. Will this damage the engine further>? Also I bet the battery is dead, what other things do I need to look for?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just don't start it with no oil in it Grouchy.

Other things are the fuel going off in the tank and gumming up the carb.

I won't try starting it, even I wouldn't be that thick haha, because I took the casings off I have broken the seals, will oil just piss out if I fill it up without replacing them?

Hi Grouch welcome back, should not PISS out but will probably leak a bit, best not to. Fit new gaskets first then oil it up.

just put the casing back on, the side you took off has no oil in also put back any bolts you removed from the clutch side the (side you couldn't get off) if that is still the case you should be ok to put the oil back in, also check your forks give them a good clean and smear a bit of oil the stanchion unless you have gaiters on in that case just push down on the handle bars a few time to compress the suspension

and take your battery off & give it a charge

what other things do I need to look for?

A new bike, that *doesn't* need a metric fucktonne of maintenance just to get it running? :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online