Are my tyres worth anything (avon am22 and am23)

busyeddie
This post is 4069 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm having a clearout but struggling to work out whats worth selling and whats worth binning! (cant be arse with 101 ebay listings to make a fiver)

Ive got some barely used Avons; AM22 110/80/18 and AM23 130/65/18

There doesnt appear to be any not for highway use signs on this particular pair ;-)

If any one can either tell me their worth i'd be most grateful!!

Cheers !

Ed

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'll give you a half licked smartie for them?

Sorry Foams, Smarties always top trumps a kebab

Not many people advocate buying second-hand bike tyres as you never knows what you're getting, unless you can inspect them yourself beforehand. Therefore you may find buyers somewhat more scarce than you'd like.

However, both tyres are listed here: http://www.jl-mxshop.com/avon-racing-tyres-178-c.asp

Personally, I'd expect between a quarter and half of those prices.

So in short, yes, they are worth a few quid. Have the buyer collect, if you can, since the packaging and postal costs usually work out higher than what eBay allow for. I love buying on eBay but fecking hate selling, for that exact reason!!

I'd checked ebay, but only found brand new ones, they are very pricy for what they are, they would do for trackdays, practice, or sunday hooning. ebay is a pian when youre selling!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online