New tyres for xj6s,discusting service.

wallywant xj6s
This post is 3939 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.hopefully this is posted in the right section. How about this then as follows I had 2 new maxi diamond supermax tyres put on bike last week by a local dealer/shop and been using the bike up until now and I thought to my self as I have all the tools for the job I would check my balance on both wheels only to find the front was well out and the rear was not even balanced at all and above all the front wheel was not even tight as I could undo the pinch bolt near the front folks with my fingers how scary is that.as all well and good now and sorted but just a note to say check this your self as well as you never know. I suppose I was a lucky one this never came to an accident. its a shame we cant name and shame these shops in disgrace. thanks for reading.

Name and shame this disgusting service:-www.gildos.co.uk

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i rebalanced a front tyre the other day - same as you, the shop didn't do it right.

rears are harder to get right and can depend on the addition of spacers, cush drive etc for outcome.

Loose pinch-bolt isn't good enough and is why i take in loose wheels and never ride-in, ride-out.

Are you going to name and shame?

........................ its a shame we cant name and shame these shops in disgrace...........................

Why not? I would.

its a shame we cant name and shame these shops in disgrace. thanks for reading.

We can, and do name and shame.

That's why when you do, hopefully the rogue dealers/traders/e.bay sellers etc will realise that they will be mentioned on this forum, which has a worldwide membership of 39.770 members.

Just a thought but did you actually go talk to them about the problem? It might be that they don't know and that they will be mortified that they let a bike out that was not safe, most folks are reasonable when it comes to a face to face and they usually take onboard that they have f**ked up, just saying it MIGHT be a one off, if you know for sure that they are tossers then quite right that you NAME & SHAME but if it's a genuine mistake? Just my opinion you understand, they can't get better or know about your problem unless you tell them can they. But as you said it's not good enough to let a bike out with a dangerous fault.

Thanks slice no I haven't. its only because I gave them a second chance on a purchase I bought from them a few months back as I purchased a fz6 from them and after a week it had an oil leak around the generator cover took it back 3 times and eventually it got fixed some how by filling with metal filler then respaying over the top of old paint and the job in hand. Another few weeks went passed I noticed a crack in the left hand side of the bike above the generator cover on the block (not a join in the metal work as could poke a needle though) so took that back again under warranty and they said as long its not leaking oil we wont do any thing about it? So I was not happy then hence it was time I got rid of the fz6 in a dealership and just pass the problem on to some one else as I could not afford to replace the block myself and now as far as I know the bike has been sold on. But what do you do about the dealer name and shame. Maybe should have learnt my lesson but you wouldn't think you would get stitched up by a dealer really.

Ahh I see they are "TOSSERS" then, quite right to name and shame, Twitter is supposed to be quite good for this sort of thing though you have to be careful about what you actually say of course, sorry you had to get bitten twice by these rogues, never a nice thing to be crapped on twice, glad your out of it now though, feel sorry for the next owner but what can you do?

Just shows where your mind is j0hn!!!! (down in the sewer with the rest of us) :biglaugha:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online