Newbie says Hi

This post is 4051 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

My name is Al and I'm a born again biker. I rode a Suzuki GSX250 as a commuter on a learner licence until just before my son was born and I stopped riding to watch him grow up. 16 years later and I had an itch that needed to be scratched so I bit the bullet and took a few lessons and now am fully road legal. On Monday I took possession of a 1990 XJ600 (Pre Diversion model), but it's rained since and more storms are forecast for the next week so I've only had 50 or so miles under my belt since picking it up!!

I'm looking forward to getting a few miles under my belt and improving my skills and also to reading a few of the forum topics.

Cheers

Al

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome...and well done for getting back in the saddle :)

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum!!

Where the hell do you live, that you're getting rain and storms??!!

Nowt but baking hot sun and unbreezy, humid, stagnant air round here... I might have to take a little rideout to come visit your town!!

:welcome:

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum!!

Where the hell do you live, that you're getting rain and storms??!!

Nowt but baking hot sun and unbreezy, humid, stagnant air round here... I might have to take a little rideout to come visit your town!!

I'm in "West Britain" commonly known as Northern Ireland!! And it did dry up so I went off on a tour of Ireland for a few days!! I have a few more miles racked up now!