dt125r- how to bleed cooling system?

oliver125
This post is 4080 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, another question, sorry!

On my dt, i think i have an air lock. Ive filled the rad up an squeezed all the coolant pipes an the coolant level doesnt move.

Ive took the cap off an warmed it up to see if any bubbles come out with it not being pressurized, this work on an old mx bike we used too have.

But is there a bleed screw on the head or anything?

Sorry for the lack of knowlage and if i dont make sense just tell me! Hahaha

Any help will be apreciated! :P

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bleed for the water is on the off side of the bike (right hand side) and is the bottom rear bolt of the water pump case Bottom left in this picture.

m-Elbe5grr0WGES3Tig7aXA.jpg

Just to be clean so i dont fudge it up..

(just undone it an got coolant sprayed in my face lol)

Do i take the rad cap off then undo the bleed screw as shown in the pic, how long do i keep it undine for? How will i know its bled?

Sorry for the silly questions. Ive built this all up myself soo far an i want to do it without going to a garage! :P

Cheers

Cap off - it helps the water flow. You can empty the plastic water tank from the bottom of the tank. It is bled when the water stops. Don't forget to refill it with an anti freeze/summer coolant solution and water. Don't refill it with water only.

Is this to bleed air bubbles out or to drain the system?

I can drain it i just need to get airbubbles/locks out my hoses

thanks

Cap off to help it bleed.

Then drain bolt back in, Fluid in - leave the cap off. Start it and let it run. Keep an eye on the fluid and don't let it get too hot. Squeeze the rubber water pipes.

Don't let it get too hot so switch off and leave for a while and do the same again. When full cap on.

Never take the cap off when the engine it hot. You will hurt yourself badly as water runs under pressure to raise the boiling point of the fluid.

Cheers for the help mate, will sort it tonight!

Will have another post up for help with my wiring next, no doubt hahah