dt125 frame number

oliver125
This post is 4081 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what model dt125 i have? Its frame numbers start with 3DB

Also, were there dt125r's made in 1988?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thank you! So its not an dt lc or mx? Its just that my logbook says dt125 not dt125r or dt125lc an it was registerd in 1988. I got told dtrs were first made in 1989

Thought it couldve been dodgy.

Thanks for the help mate

MX are the old skool air cooled ones.

LC is Liquid cooled (has a radiator filled with water and a finless engine) and that title is normally used to distinguish them from the air cooled version.

So its deffinatly a dt125r? Its the same as my mates 99 dt, but im hoping its not had a different vin number stamped onto it, especially if it looks compleatly different haha

Click on google images and search for a DT125r. This will give you lots of examples of what each model should look like.

The actual bike is a dt125r, i know what they look like its juat that ive read that dtr came out in 1989 not 88? So i thought the v5 etc could be off a different dt model/style an been stamped on my dtr?

Thanks for having patience with me ahahha

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online