yamaha YBR 125 starting

jackm20010
This post is 4080 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just bought a YBR 125, 2009 model, and its a lovely bike. However their is one problem I am having, its to do with the electric start, when I turn the key to on all lights work and everything is fine apart from when I hit the electric starter switch nothing happens. It does work of the kick start all the time first time. So is their something that can be done to try and get the electric switch to work again ?

When I push the button nothing happens at all no noise from anywhere, its as if I haven't pressed it.

Thanks Jack

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Jack, would you walk into a pub in a strange town and just start asking questions without first introducing yourself? If you would, give us the ward number where you want us to send the flowers ..... It's the same here, if you look at the front page you find, right at the top, a cunningly disguised area known as New Members Welcome Area - you can guess what goes on there, better yet stick a post in there yourself. Just so we know who you are, what sort of skill level you may have, maybe even where you are as one of the regulars may live near to you, they have been known to pop round with assistance in exchange for beer and biscuits .....

As for your problem, either the starter circuit is completely dead for some reason, could be a blown fuse, loose/broken wire, dead solenoid, etc etc., or it could just be you need to make sure all the safety interlocks are in the 'go' position - sidestand up, clutch pulled in and so forth.

If you're still getting nothing, start at the starter motor and give it the full 12v by using a heavy duty cable to connect it directly to the battery, if it spins your motor is good, then just work backwards through the circuit - solenoid, relays etc. - each time applying power directly to the component, bypassing all the upstream stuff until you find the one that doesn't work. If you're not sure how to do any of this then I'd suggest you take it to someone who does as you're more likely to feck it all up by poking wires at random spots, you can watch what they do if you ask nicely, thus gaining experience - it's called 'learning', something modern schools have forgotten how to teach.

Now, do be a good lad and pop over to the Newbies area and give us an intro, cheers!

Hi and welcome to the forum. Please post workshop questions in the workshop area. You may also want to say hello and tell us a little about you in the new members section.

Topic locked - wrong section.

This post is 4080 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.