Yamaha YBR 125 Headlamp bulb keeps blowing!!

bigchrisdunn
This post is 4002 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey All

Am hoping someone could help me here!, I seem to be flying through head light bulbs at a rate of knots, the full beam works but the main headlight keeps blowing. I have been through about 3 bulbs in as many months and dont really notice it during the day with it being so light, it only becomes apparent when riding in the evening.

I was hoping someone out there may be able to shed some light (excuse the pun!) on this as to why this keeps happening and what i could check or change to rectify this.

Thanks very much in advance for your input :-)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Check that your voltage reg is not over charging, blowing bulbs tend to be the first sign that the regulatro is over charging.AS prichard said check you ground is nice and solid.

Also do not touch the glass part of the bulb ever,I had a coustomer put 3 in in 3 days in a car untill I told him not to touch the glass section,if you do touch the glass section whipe clean with rubbing alochol.

As above. Overcharging.

Bulbs - this really only applies to halogen bulbs. Never touch the glass on them. Always use a cloth or tissue to put them in.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar issue with my SR. all earthing points were fine, including the bulb terminals inside the dash, it turned out to be a dodgy connection in the hi/lo switch! At least all my earths are clean now!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online