xj6s, when to change tyres and what to? thanks.

wallywant xj6s
This post is 3969 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.i am currently running 160/60/17 and 120/70/17 roadsmart tyres from Dunlop as rear is 3mm deep and front 4 mm deep both in centre but rear has the flat spot in the middle as it was like this when purchased the bike and now done 7600 since it was new and I keep looking around to see what set of new tyres to buy and wheather I could sell the old set for track day for some 1 or just bin them at the shop.thanks all.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I would bin them. I wouldn't want to do a track day with flat spotted tyres. They are just duel sport/touring type tyres anyway. If they had been ultra stickies then someone may have been interested.

Hi can you show me a link or point me in the right direction as cant seem to locate:-You read the xj6 tyres thread ? monkeyjim.Thanks DirtyDT that sounds about right to me as well but just looking for other peoples thoughts in what to do really but looking to get a new set of tyres this week but not sure yet on what to get. thanks all.

If they have 3 and 4 mm of thread,, why would you change them. All tyres flatten off in the centres.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online