XJ600 pre diversion charging issue

Barcus
This post is 3947 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Bought a 91J Yamaha XJ600 pre-diversion a few months ago. Sorted carbs brakes, coils replaced cables and so on and on and on..... bloody hell! Can't believe how much time I've put into it (and dosh). Anyway, running like a dream with new oil and plugs and air filter... ACE!! THen the shit hits again....... new battery is FLAT. AA man came and said he thinks it's the rectifier. £65 from local Yamaha dealer / £45 from Wemoto. First though. Are there any ways of testing the integrity of the current rectifier on the bike at the moment? as it would be a shame to buy a new part and find the same problem. ANY advice welcome and very gratefully recieved... Cheers. Justin

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bang and the dirt is gone....

witth the battery charged and the bike running at a fast idle put a voltmeter across the terminals, should be about 13.5v -14.1v, my pre-div regulator/rectifier went pop and it was a simple case of unplug the old one, plug the new one in.

when mine popped it took the main fuse out with it.

And change your Avitar, it's disgusting and we have more ladies on here than pervs like you.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online