Ink

Mallory1
This post is 3936 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Right boys & girls ..... The mid life crisis continues. I'm getting a tattoo done. To be fair, I've researched and thought about this for over a year. Just wondering what your views are on tattoos in general? Are they a common feature among the disreputable bikers on this site??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Right boys & girls ..... The mid life crisis continues. I'm getting a tattoo done. To be fair, I've researched and thought about this for over a year. Just wondering what your views are on tattoos in general? Are they a common feature among the disreputable bikers on this site??

Its a free country, but Im not a fan. hate to see it on the fairer sex, just dont think it looks cool at all.

Would never consider having one

I fucking love tattoos! .....as long as they are done well! Be extremely careful who you choose to mark your skin for life...have a look at the pictures of work they have done- but also if you can have a look at their work in the flesh, then you really will see what their skill level is up to.

What tattoo are you gonna get anyways?

Go for something that means something to you dont go for that bull shit Celtic crap down your arm n that.

Ive not got one yet but will be getting one around crimbo time which will be my army number either on the back of my neck or down my arm in the style of the way the Jewish had their numbers branded on them in WW2

But as Wesley said look at there work first, reasurch them etc etc. Some are crap at one thing but ace at something else, so ask them what they are good at and if they are not good at what you want then walk away

up to you bud, make it something personal and something you are willing to spend the rest of your life with though, laser surgery aint cheap or painless!

down to personal choice really, only advise would not get on the face neck or hands to me that's like disfigurement,

some people really love them like WESLEY

Completely personal choice, they are like Marmite aren't they.

Looks like you've been giving it a lot of thought, and as others have rightly said, study and meet the tattooist and more importantly get something that has meaning for you.

Any idea what you want?

hey welshwan! I bet your considering a name change now hahaha :biglaugha:

Thinking about it......... :eusa_doh:

Only kidding, gotta represent!

flags_wales_welsh_27_flag_desktop_1920x1

Decide EXACTLY what you want... then wait for another year or two and see if you still want it.

I have two myself, but I always tell the Mrs the above. She's been "getting a tattoo" every year for the full decade that I've known her, but each time it's a different design!!

Avoid anything in the books of 'Flashes' that the artist has. Get your own design. Heck, have the tattooist or an artist friend design you something.

Check the tattooist's work - Again, ignore his/her book, look at photos, preferably the 'freshly done' and those showing it a couple of years later. Ideally, find one that several trustworthy people recommend (preferably undressing to show the work proudly), even if he/she is a bit of a hike to get to, as they're more likely to be decent.

Find something you like and chat with the artist about how it could be done.

Lastly, read the first line again!

Ha Ha Ha sorry Wesley i was writing that on my phone and as im a dumb fuck i have that auto spell on and i tried to type in Welshy but i guess it wanted to call you Wesley.

So hey.................from now on i dub thee Wesley

• Like 1

On my honeymoon I had to explain to my wife why I have got "HMS" tattoed on my willy. So I said the first thing that came into my mind which was

"When I get into bed with you it spells HAMMERSMITH"

• Like 1

I've .. a few .. and love them - when they're done well. DON'T pick a picture of the tattooist wall and hang it on your skin - you'll regret it without fail! I always recommend you use your skin as a canvas that is also part of the scene (hope that makes sense) and not just for tramp stamps (don't get me wrong i speak from experience). Don't choose the nearest tattoo shop, choose an established place of some time, then start to run some ideas past the tattooist. If you have a style you like, say something like demons, there will be one of the tattooist in there who specializes in that design or like tattooing that style. Get to know your tattooist and discuss things with them, they have some great ideas if you give them free reign. If you want some bigger work you'll be able to get a 'day rate' to cut down on costs.

HTH

On my honeymoon I had to explain to my wife why I have got "HMS" tattoed on my willy. So I said the first thing that came into my mind which was

"When I get into bed with you it spells HAMMERSMITH"

You know what mate, i have the welsh version! on the flop it says LCH and at full mast it says:

'Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch'

and yes that is actually the name of a place!

IMG_6764-1500x1000.jpg

Well folks, thanks for the comments. As you rightly say bippo, they're an entirely personal thing. I appreciate the advice above :) I'm going for a sort of celtic knotted cross (not down the arm, Noise, you'll be relieved to hear, but on my upper arm). It's being personalised in some way (which I'm discussing with the artist at present) to reflect my 4 wee ankle biters. I'll post a pic when it's done so you can either

A. Nod your head in silent admiration and approval,

B. Shake your head and decide that I'm a complete tit without a single brain cell worth speaking of,

C. Wonder if the epileptic tattooist has fully recovered from his sudden seizure.

I'm hoping for option A :)