DT125 MK3 Pistons

Ollie1995
This post is 4103 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, I recently purchased a seized MK3 DT125 engine that required me to drill holes in the piston to extract it so it's no longer useable. I measured it and got 55.84mm but from what I've read this is actually 56mm (standard size). Are there any differences between mk3 models and the later model pistons?

Thanks, Ollie.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You really need to have the piston matched to the bore, especially if the piston was seized. Get the barrel re-bored and ask them to match a piston to the re-bore.

You really need to have the piston matched to the bore, especially if the piston was seized. Get the barrel re-bored and ask them to match a piston to the re-bore.

Cheers for the reply, the engines been sat for a while so the rings seized to the barrel, the barrel looks to be fine with no scoring so I was just hoping to get a new piston.

You may get away with it but you might not.

If you cost out the gaskets, rings, small end and piston, the cost of adding a rebore will only be another £30. If the barrel is ovalled or worn you would have just wasted your money by trying to get away with not getting a bore on it.

Your choice but I wouldn't risk it with an unknown engine.

Dirty do you use SEP?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online