it Will live again

Nightfirez
This post is 4028 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi ya

a Brief intro

i picked up a SR125 which had been stood for 11/12 years judging by the currant mileage / last tax disk and started giving it some love and attention

it would run literally just about

so striped the carbs replaced most of the O rings pilot jet , main jet , spent a couple of hours removing and polishing all of the rubbish out of it

Now looks like new at least on the inside where it matters lol

Replaced fuel lines . new filters

Replaced the filters air , oil

Fresh oil

Fresh fuel after cleaning the tank out

Fresh air :P

Fresh break fluid / braded hose

Checked clutch / disks / rear shoes all with in tolerances

Re greased all points / cables

C/S look good after a clean in 10/40W at least good enough for a few miles

Rear is a Meltzer seems in good nic and looks fairly recent no crazing or for that matter run in !!

Front tyre is toast way to crazed for my liking so need a replacement

And that’s where I’m stuck I hate running mismatched rubbers and ideally prefer to stay with something similar to the Meltzer on the back

Wondered if anyone had an idea where to look front rim seems to be 3.00 x 17 from what I can make out

Looking around at a few rim / tyre conversion charts it may be possible to get a 100/90/17 on there ?

if any one has some ideas id apreciate it :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Is the rim 3.00 or the tyre? You should still be able to get 3.00 17's. imperial and metric tyres are measured by different methods so be careful of some of the conversions.

3.00x17 is out of the manual / what i can source from online

mainly as the bike is 30 miles from home at a friends house

so im trying to get as much of the parts together in little hits and blast out the work when i get to his

for some reason it seems easier to find metric rear's than the front

Hi ya cheers bud yeah single pot front

which brings another question i wonder if the twin pot would fit lol

ive found these Metzeler ME 22 3.00 - 17 RF TT 50P M/C

for £30 delivered which i think is reasonable and more in keeping with the sound rear which is on there

im just not sure what is meant by the RF / TT 50P part

im assuming Rear / Front - Tubed Tyre - gawd knows lol

Rear/Front Tube Type is correct. 50P is just the load and speed rating. P = Maximum 93MPH

Official sizes etc

3.00 17 45P

3.50 16 52P

LINKY

• Like 1

thanks

got one for £29 delivered so cant complain considering the unbranded or rather lesser branded ones i had been seeing were around £25

i want to put new innertubes on any way so i can fill them with a little slime that stuff can save you headackes at times lol

Shouls be ready for an MoT after that :)

Rear/Front Tube Type is correct. 50P is just the load and speed rating. P = Maximum 93MPH

Official sizes etc

3.00 17 45P

3.50 16 52P

LINKY

those are tyre sizes BTW rim would be something like 1.85 for front

quite chuffed

put the carb on last night and it ran sweet as a nut shocked that i didnt have to adjust anything will probably do a plug chop to make sure but touch wood

after a couple of hours fettleing last night its about ready for the mot :)

just want to re bleed the front as im not 100% happy with it as it is but its serviceable

re bleed the front break on saturday and cleaned out the caliper / seals polished up the piston

it now feels like a break rather than a sponge :)

also decided to remove the mesh behind the foam just to double check in side the air box glad i did as i found the original tool kit in there

so much for the muppet that did the original PDI when it came out of the crate

poor things had that cloging the air box for 16 years lol

re tweaked the carbs to compnesate pulls 55/60 with my lard ass on it so cant be too bad

passed the mot saturday morning with 1 minor fault ...

slightly loose rear indicator nut

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online