Much deliberated wheels

sixsicksex
This post is 4011 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok guys, after a bit of a chat about the rims I'm looking for, I thought it would be easier for me to upload a few links so the people know what I'm actually talking about. Like I said in an earlier post ive only seen these wheels on bigger dragstars in Australia and none so far in uk show rooms so if anybody knows if they're available I the uk and available for 125 dragstars, give me a shout please. Cheers guys, all the best, Steve.

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag36/sixsicksex666/image_zps2db831e8.jpg

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag36/sixsicksex666/image_zps1072b0c6.jpg

http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag36/sixsicksex666/image_zps75e763e6.jpg

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nice looking wheels, would they alter the dynamic of the bike as they seem a bit heavy duty especially for a 125, what do they weigh with the tyres on? :jossun:

I've no idea slice as I've only seen them on bigger dragstars mate, at the moment I'm just letting my imagination run wild with how I want the project to end up looking and much prefer this look over spokes

See where your coming from with that, what about another make of bike altogether? Might a Honda wheel (for instance) suit your needs or any of the hundreds of wheels out there do the job your looking for after all they just hang off of the spindles, might be that the fittings for brakes discs are a consideration but there must be something out there! Just my thoughts on it, no doubt everyone will chime in with reasons that this can't be done but that's what were here for ain't it?

They are Dragstar 950 wheels I think. You could import some.

As for sizes you would need to see what width they are and if you could still use your brake disks or if you would need, and be able to, fit 950 calipers. The width of the rear would, I would guess, be a lot wider and the output shaft on the gearbox would need to be lengthened at the very least. A lot of work I would say.

Pretty much mate yeah!!! Although I'm pretty sure I can see where it's going, I'll spend two months searching the web, making calls and annoying the fuck out of everyone on here, then take my stock wheels and a can of black spray paint......

Yeah DDT, I love the look but I think unless I'm willing to spend almost what I'm paying for the bike to either mod it so they'll fit or have someone build me some, it's gonna be a case of just getting the stock wheels powder coated or hitting up halfords for spray paint!!!! Was a nice idea though

I think that you could do it for about a grand, a bit of messing about and the bike off the road for a couple of months.

Yeah, that's a bit too much dollar to be spending on one aspect of the build seeing as I'm hoping to get all the other bits done for about that price, so the only other question is, seeing as the back brake is a drum, am I going to encounter any probs when it comes to getting it sprayed?

Yeah that's one of the links I posted Tommy, nice eh?

Yeah, that's a bit too much dollar to be spending on one aspect of the build seeing as I'm hoping to get all the other bits done for about that price, so the only other question is, seeing as the back brake is a drum, am I going to encounter any probs when it comes to getting it sprayed?

Understood.

Are you looking to spay the whole lot; rim, drum and spokes? Without de-lacing the rim, you are not going to get a great finish. I would take the whole lot apart, get the rim and drum sprayed and get stainless spokes. I wouldn't attempt to rebuild the wheel myself, Some people have but I would have it done professionally. Don't take anything apart without measuring things first. You need to know measurements like offsets and stuff.

See, that rear fenders gonna be a headache too, that's the style I want but once again I haven't seen it on the 125 version, pain in the arse I tell thee

the first pictures you post its xvs950a midnight star EU model. EU model have black rims... and is a huge diference

Front tyre size 130/70x18 Rear tyre size 170/60x16

photo0129h.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Cheers mate, I think the size difference is just too big to consider trying, and I don't think they'd look right being that much bigger, I'm asking about to see if I can get some made from scratch by any friends but failing that will just be spraying the stock wheels black I think

Just a thought, a mate of mine is into modelling (not what your thinking either!!!) radio control things, anyway he says that there are people using carbon fibre for spokes on road bikes, things change so fast it's difficult to keep up but the gist is that you can get them any colour and size, thought it might save you having to worry about painting yours or using stainless steel, not saying they actually do these things just what I heard a net search might turn something up?

Just a thought, a mate of mine is into modelling (not what your thinking either!!!) radio control things, anyway he says that there are people using carbon fibre for spokes on road bikes, things change so fast it's difficult to keep up but the gist is that you can get them any colour and size, thought it might save you having to worry about painting yours or using stainless steel, not saying they actually do these things just what I heard a net search might turn somethi

I don`t recommend to use carbon fibre of any bike part. you must change this part after a few years.3-4, max 5. don`t know how to say that but I try... "carbon fibre lose his properties and becomes brittle" (I say good?!) after 2-3 years. so, be carefull... helmets, wheels, frame, etc. I know, is cool, but are you ready to pay with your integrity just because is cool?

HAHAHA, yeah you say good mate!!! Don't think I'd go down that route anyway to be fair, but thanks for the heads up slice, I've kinda resigned myself to spraying the wheels now I'm trying to figure out if I risk trying to build a custom seat pan or get it done by the pro's???? Any input mucker?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online