Yamaha XVS125 (2001) TDI question

Zedfragg
This post is 3978 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone!

I've been pretty much entirely absent recently as I signed up, done the compulsery "Ello everyone" intro then got injured on a fence! (Cracked ribs)

Great story that I may go into another day, but I've managed a bit of riding and I've noticed that my XVS hits 60mph then sits there no matter if I'm in 4th or 5th gear.

Now this has probably been an often asked question but I was wondering...

The XV125 Virago had a TDI unit that dependant on which model you had would restrict the bike somewhat.
The TDI TNDF44 would restrict you to 96kph (60mph)
The TDI TNDF45 was unrestricted in revs and could (apparently) get a bit more out of her.

My XVS125 has a TCI TNDF60, does anyone know if that is restricted? and if so is there an unrestricted version? I only ask because the engine doesn't feel completely breathless at 60 in fact it sits there happy barely grunting compared to my old Suzuki GZ125 which quite frankly hit 70mph fairly well but shook me all night long lol
I know that people say "Pass your test and get a bigger bike" but this isn't about going faster on a small bike it's about overtaking safely more than anything.
Plus I love tinkering, getting me hands dirty and it teaches me something :hyper:

It's a long shot just wondering if I could get some input here.

Thanks all!

*PS, I just moved this thread from The Bar to the workshop and I'm trying to work out how to delete the previous thread.*

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, I did some testing for the record, didn't really find anything around the TDI unit.

Airbox and rejet, dragbars and a few other mods just to get a bit of experience, it won't go any faster but that's fine.

A 125cc is a toy to play with whilst learning for my test at the end of the day I suppose.

But I'll be careful not to do anything dumb with it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online