What ho - new loon arrives on YBR125 Custom

This post is 4122 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there - just thought I'd check in ... through an odd, but connected, set of events I now find myself running around on a new YBR125 Custom ... quick version below:

- been riding bikes since 1976 - all sorts but gradually moved from sports bikes to sit up and beg due to rugby injuries coming home to roost!

- got married to non-biker in 2005 (this is relevant - persevere!) when I had a Tiumph T140 special which I then swapped for a SV650 (nice bike)

- fast forward to 2009 and I have BMW R1100R at this time (odd/different/fun/quirky/comfortable - the bike, not the dearly beloved - then again ...)

- in 2010, dearly beloved embraces 2-wheeled powered transport and with only a car licence, gets a Rossi Replica Aerox 50 and really likes it ...

- thanks to Yamaha's 0% finance and a good deal from local dealer (Skellerns, Worcester) we don't notice paying for it (sort of ...)

- in 2012, dearly beloved insists she is ready for next step (gears!) and, after much checking of interest and commitment, I buy surprise YBR125 Custom in early 2013 and she is positively made up ... facebooking all and sundry with piccies of new steed

- I then go through the 'gears thing' with her and she then announces its a "no go" followed by "I'm not doing that gears thing" and "I'll stick to the Aerox" ... :shakeno: but, last thing you want is someone forced onto a motorbike who is uncomfortable with the prospect, so I respect the decision

- I had already sold the R1100R and had run-in the Custom and was (possibly) looking forward to a FZ8 ... or a Tedium 900 ...

- around that time, my job changed and now I have less than a 3-mile commute instead of the old 35-mile commute

- I could chop (pun intended) it in, but would take huge a loss ... and, in any case, I still have a hope that 'management' will give the 'gears thing' a second chance ... so I'm sort of stuck with the YBR Custom for now

- but - and wierdly - I am really enjoying belting around the city on this little machine (although the tyres feel a tad dodgy) and may well keep it if only for that city commuting thing ... sure, I miss all the power and the torque from the Beemer - but, in real world short distance commuting terms, this wee thing is so, so much easier

- have a top box fitted for stuff - other than that she's standard in black

On reflection - that's probably not that quick!

Panzer 944

(Yes ... I have a hankering for the Porsche 944 as well with a normally aspirated version and a 340bhp :hyper: turbo version)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Great intro BTW. Told in a fantastic way with a good sprinkling of humour.

Welcome herr Panzer,

A very good intro but I must admit I fell asleep halfway down.

Try and keep it short and sweet.

Anyway welcome to the forum.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Great intro BTW. Told in a fantastic way with a good sprinkling of humour.

Why is it Mr N you allways get in there when I am trying to type a response?

It's called stalking Mike. Have a look out of your front room window and I will wave to you.

I've just noticed the missus looking out of the front window and waving, is that you?

Hey Panzer, cracking intro! Welcome to the nut house!

Regarding the tyres - recommend you stick Michelin Pilot Sporty's on it - make a huge difference and come well recommended amongst the YBR clan. I just had a rear one on my non-custom and never lost faith in it through winter. Would have got one for the front, but I've (just today) sold the bike.

Thanks Bippo ... and thanks to all for the warm welcome ... I'll have a look for Pilots ... it's the weird sizes that doesn't help (3.00-18 (f) and 3.50-16®) but I'll have a look around the bazaars and see what's what.

Ooops got to go ... the TV coverage for the IOM Senior TT is just starting on ITV4

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online