Rxs stuck in 1st gear

Jasonbourne
This post is 4022 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi.

New to the forum and have an rxs 100 that I wish to restore. I used this on a daily basis for two years and over the last two weeks it has been difficult to get Into a gear. I could change up and down the box but without the return spring doing its job. It is now stuck in first gear and will not come out of gear at all... Is this spring broken ?... And is it grief to fix??. I am fairly ok with the technical stuff but useless at diagnosis.any answers would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The clutch lever is operational. The foot lever is not... I can start and run no problem and go to shops etc... As long as its in first gear !!. I have yet to make a start and have the case off and a mate says its an easy job... However... It's only easy of you know what the diagnosis is.

Only way to find out is take it apart, no one else can tell you what's wrong with it without looking at it! Best I can offer really, once you have it stripped down and know what is wrong or broke then we can help as to a fix but not till then I'm afraid. :jossun:

Check all the stupid stuff first, such as oil level, fouling, rust, lubrication, etc.

I am with Ttaskie on this one.

My questions were about checking that the gear lever wasn't flapping (dodgy splines or bolt) and that the engine hadn't seized and locked the gearbox.

I would next remove the detent bolt (stopper cam) be careful not to lose any spring or plunger and then try moving the lever.

Next I would have the cover off to see if anything looks jammed.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online