What yokes will fit??

wild foamy
This post is 4124 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya peeps.

Starting to get a few bits on the cafe racer project (was an XZ550), but have taken the top yoke off as it was fuck ugly and wouldnt let me use ace bars, i was told by the pervious owner that XJ550 top yokes will fit straight on but as it turns out the only breaker i could find had sold his on already.

Im thinking maybe XJ600 (pre-div?) or something similar, but not is kind of thing?sure where to start, does anyone have any experiance in thing?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I may have just what you need xs400 dohc 1982

same age, a lot of the parts we're interchangeable IE the wheels headlight etc, I have a spare set of yoke's free to good home

do a bit of research let me know if you want them you'll have to pay for post foams

foamy that only refers to the actual fork stanchion width's, doesn't refer to whether they will fit on the frame, I had a look on ebay

& the steering head bearings are the same as XJ 550, so should fit if your previous was wright, if you could send me some dimension's

I will compare at weekend when I take them off.