Yamaha SR125 Ignitor TDI CDI ECU

beeza geeza
This post is 4034 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All

I am working on my son in laws 1993 SR125, it appears to have an electronic ignition problem

Looking to buy a second hand one but there appears to be at least 2 sorts

The one on the bike has 2 socket with 4 wires in each

I have found one that looks the same but states that it's off a 1984 bike

One is listed as being of a 1992 bike has a 6 wire socket and a 2 wires socket so will not fit as standard

Does anybody know if the 1984 one will be compatible

Thanks in Advance

Ade

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The one on your bike will have a blue multi plug and a white one. The one listed as 1992 is incorrect as the 92 model should still have the same block connectors. I think the changeover was mid 90s

This one will fit, but a bit pricey

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-SR125-CDI-ECU-Unit-Black-Box-/281063356350?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item4170ae77be

btw

Head over to the intros section and gives us a proper introduction please.

Many thanks for the info Jimmy

The 1984 one listed on ebay does not have the blue and white plugs like mine but does have 4 wires per plug

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-YAMAHA-SR125-CDI-IGNITOR-/281112091069?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item41739619bd

Was there a 3rd type?

Cheers

Ade

I dont know if that would fit.

Almost 30 years old tho so I would be thinking how long it has left.

The cdi on my sons old SR went down and I replaced it from a breakers yard (£40) and that only lasted 6 months. I replaced it again (£30) and this time it lasted over a year when he sold it. Still going to my knowledge. The problem is replacing a 20yr old part for a 29yr old part. I suppose you pays your money you takes your chances

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online