the dam fazer clunk

kearnsy123
This post is 3951 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Is it me r are fazer gearboxes clunky first to second sumtimes third . And same comeing back down . Ive had the early fazer some call it the dark fader then ive had the fox eye and now I have the fazer fz6 . Its si annoying would it b the oil ???

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi kearnsy, I also have a fz6 and the Yama clunk too! It's a reassuring clunk into first from neutral and a clunk from first to second. I did an oil change about 100 miles ago, gearbox still clunks. Reading many other posts it seems its just a trait of the fz6 gearbox. I find sometimes if I shift gently, ie low revs and do a slow smooth shift into 2nd from first it sometimes doesn't clunk.. Not much help sorry.. My advice, fit a nice exhaust to up the decibels and drown out the clunk :P

• Like 1

Its a head wrecker I dont want to do any damage . What oil did u use ?

Assuming its the usual 'clunk' it shouldn't do damage, my FZ6 is reaching 30,000miles and its still going strong clunking aside between 1st-2nd gear. I assume its to do with the operation of the gearbox as it doesnt do it through the other gears. I put Silkolene Fully Synthetic in mine and official Yama filter. An oil change can only do the bike good but it hasnt stopped the clunk on mine.

Thanks il giv the oil change ago

Is the chain and clutch set up correctly

Yam seem to getting better at this, as do Kwak. My 11 Fazer doesn't clunk at all and has a box that could grace a zook.

My 99 fazer sounds roughly like a meteorite hitting earth when going into 1st or 2nd gear. Any mechanic or petrol head I've spoken to about this tells me its a yam thing as iandouglas says above

Well after a few youtube video s and a bit off pratice "blipping" the trottle as they call it to match the revs works just hav to try get the teknike right

Thanks for all the advice

my divvie:

0-1 KK EE RR LL UU NN KK

1-2 K E R LL UU NN KK

2 - 3 K E R L U N K

3-4 RLUNK

4-5 LNK

:jossun:

Should I be worried that my SR is like that going down the gears (but not up)?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online