I'm not dying ... I hope.

Mallory1
This post is 4129 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As Arnie once put it, I'm back .... Although minus the bad haircut and dodgy accent.

Haven't posted in ages but glad to see the sites still here --- so 3 cheers to all of you who still take the time to make it happen. Thankless job no doubt, you have my admiration.

As I approach the age of a living fossil, aka 40, I have found myself pondering some of life's big questions. Why are we here? When will I die? What exactly does blue belly button fluff do?

Just wondering if any of you have life insurance which gives a particularly good deal to bikers ... seeing as we have the unenviable honour of being most likely to meet our Maker while thinking "where the hell did he come from?" I'm keen to start a policy before I hit the 4th decade of my life and properly join the grumpy old men brigade. Youth of today, eh? In my day ........... Rant, rant, rant.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

.................. before I hit the 4th decade of my life and properly join the grumpy old men brigade. Youth of today, eh? In my day ........... Rant, rant, rant.

Welcome to the grumpy club. One of the good things about being old is that you can be cantankerous, everyone will expect it.

Rather than old, I would say "experienced".

Welcome to the club and be happy you made it. :icon_biggrin:

• Like 1

nice to see you back you old fart. I pretend to be 50 but inside I'm, a lot less than that!

I suppose it the 70's ethos, keep music live, Punk and mega strikes from unions.

no-one stands up for themselves anymore, my kids just take what's offered instead of thinking for themselves.

I tried to instil some rebellion in them, but they just conform!!

grumpy rant over

• Like 3

talking about that feeling that the end is nigh - couple of months ago has some dodgy fish and chips, stomach ache for a month after, eventuallty the gripes have disappeared. really thought it was something serious until a mate said he had eaten a McDonalds that had a similar effect. - in a bikers cafe y/day and ordered a cheese roll with salad amongst all the fry ups and I thought someone was going to comment but they didn't :spin2:

• Like 1

You're only as old as the woman you feel :eusa_whistle:

• Like 2

"meet your maker thinking where the hell did he come from" that really amused me....but true. Well you know what they say about us oldies, there is a young man inside trying to get out! and that's so true too. :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Im no where near 40 yet and when i get there im not going to be grumpy, just a whole lot more annoying than i am now!

As for life insurance, im with a company called Friends for life. I used to be with Aviva when in the Army but canceled it after i was discharged but now i have a daughter and a wife i re took one out for there sake, also have critical illness insurance and another insurance (can't think what its called) but if i loose my job or im off long term sick they pay up to £1000 a month for 12months towards my mortgage etc.

Well worth looking into for those............"YOU NEVER KNOW" moments in life.

PS blue belly button fluff is there to shut the wife up for a minimum of 5 minutes when she see's you stick it in your mouth! bit gross for you but feck me is it worth it!

Thanks folks...... Experienced, not grumpy. Get it. As for eating the belly button fluff .....Noise, I've never met your wife but strangely I have the deepest sympathy for her .... Or admiration. I can't decide !! :P

Yer some times i wonder how she's lasted 9 years with me, i try my best to revolt her but she just stands by me shakes her head and carries on :eusa_whistle:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online