Pain in the !##

Mallory1
This post is 4130 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Haven't posted since last year and I'm starting back with a question. So, apologies! I hope everyone is well and enjoying the biting winds, torrential rain, and occasional snowfall of .... Ahem, Spring. Friggin British weather. I digress.

Got my fazer 600 back from its service. Tootling along nicely through morning traffic. Spot a gap in the fast lane of the motorway. Aye, aye, says me. Carbs were cleaned during the service. Lets open her up a little before BMW man puts down his latte and tries to compensate for his small...ego. I twist the throttle and commit to the manoeuvre.

Now, either my bike is accelerating poorly or I didn't notice my bungee cord was caught on the front door when I left the house. The bike is accelerating but sluggishly. I gently encourage the bike from inside my helmet that moving forward quicker would be appreciated before BMW man gets his first decent thrill of the day. Few seconds pass. The bike then decides that it's had is fun and accelerates nicely.

This now happens about 2 or 3 times a day. Sometimes accelerating away from lights. Other times while lane changing at speed. (Always when BMW prats want to race). Carbs? Fuel pump?

Anyone with experience of this & suggestions would be v welcome. Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Moved over!

This threads moving faster than my bike ...... :(

Any MOOOOOOVEMENT yet?