Maxim 750 wheel bearings???

slice
This post is 3998 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I wonder if any of you can help me out. Took the maxim in for it's MOT and it FAILED (bugger!!) nothing major tho just the rear wheel bearings were shot. When I took it apart there are only 2 bearings inside and I thought that there should be 3, 2 small ones drive side about 40mm across and 1 larger brake side one about 45mm across, but was wondering if I had this wrong cos my XJ has 3 and I have changed them so know that is correct. Also I am having a mare trying to find a supplier for the bearings in the UK so if you happen to know who might stock them I would be eternally grateful as they seem to be a rare as rocking horse shit! Any help on this would be really much appreciated. thanks all. :jossun:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If you've got the wheel out look on the shield on the side of the bearings and there should be a number i.e 6202, 6303 etc. This is the bearing number and you should be able to quote this to get replacements. There will usualy be a letter/s after the number depending on what type of shields it has i.e RS=Rubber shielded ZZ=Metal shielded. Make sure you quote this as well when ordering.

What year is the bike ?

Tony

6303Z x1 / 6203RS x 2 These sizes should be readily available.

These are for the XJ750J Maxim 1982

\Thank you all that is just what I needed, this is doing my nut in and your help has made all the difference. :jossun:

PS just ordered them (thanks DT) should be here in a couple of days, Preload spot on with your numbers exactly as you said, can't thank you enough. :hyper: