dt 125

This post is 4138 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My 2 tips would be:

Say hello in the new members section.

Tell us what you want to use it for. What mileage do you do, will it be you only form of transport and stuff like that.

okay thanks.

well it will be used just to get me around places so a basic commuter. just for a bit of fun really. will be road use only....well unless i find a good green lane :) i can use the train for long distance so it will only be for short rides.

They are two-stroke too , google . or u-tube , to see the principals,,it helps you understand maintanance etc,,, :yeah:

A DTR125 is what you need then.

The older DT125's are more fun, but in a different way and should be ridden like a classic - well some of the time.

Seat heights are quite high so get to sit on a few before you buy, assuming you are not a giant. Something that hasn't been messed about with is best. No "go faster" stickers or plastic that looks like kevlar or rim tape, boy do I hate rim tape!!! Nothing that looks like the chain is hanging off or where indicators and the like are held on with insulation tape.

Rather a tatty one with fresh oil and lubed chain than one with Monster stickers and a twin headlight conversion.

A decent DEP pipe or similar is a bonus too.

Taken off youtube - nothing to do with me

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online