Superchargers?

wild foamy
This post is 3990 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hiya peeps

im toying with the idea of making Project FUCR supercharged, preferably using a twin-screw type although im also toying with the idea of building one or possibly using a centrifugal type, does anyone have any experiance in this area of modification?, would be nice to make my own patterns to have a casing cast from ally and build my own but owing to the speeds of all the whirlybits i feel that balancing it all may be an issue, i have access to a lathe, vertical/horizontal mill and various other tools and equipment with a basic knowledge of how it all works, im not looking to run stupidly high pressures, also how would "conventional" carbs function using a forced induction system?, i know that my XJ Turbo uses pressurised carbs, changing to fuel injection is going to get very complicated very fast but may be the solution to fueling problems

Would a centrifugal type be more beneficial? perhaps easier to manufacture from readily available parts (turbocharger compressor?)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sorry mate, well out of my knowledge here. but sounds cool as feck.

cheers noise, i havent even started designing the unit but already its starting to be a pain in the ass, wanted to integrate an electromagnetic clutch so that it can be disengaged at low RPMs or for general cruising or set to engage above a certain RPM with a manual over-ride to allow permanent engagement for showing off

what about supercharging, that will give you loads of torque

Uh, that's the original plan drewps :)

senior moment foams :P

Do those electric ones even work or are they just a crappy gimmick like the 'fuel saver' magnets that clip onto your fuel pipes?

Do those electric ones even work or are they just a crappy gimmick like the 'fuel saver' magnets that clip onto your fuel pipes?

Probably naff, but easy to fit.

Id rather not fork out the dosh if they are just smoke and mirrors :(

If i could find a SC from a 1990 Nissan march it would be ideal, fat chance though :(

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online