SR125 rear suspension adjustment?

AndrewElvisFan
This post is 4146 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all. Yes, I know I ought to get myself a manual but... when I put the bike in the centre stand on level ground, the rear wheel is still touching the floor. The suspensions struts look like they can be adjusted to shorten the length. Is this just a question of turning the adjuster, or is there something else I need to be aware of? I would obviously check the chain tension afterwards. The adjuster looks like it is at its lowest setting and by turning it round to the next notch it looks as though it will bring the wheel up. Sorry if this seems like a really dumb question, but after 18 years of twist and go's I've not a huge amount of experience of proper bike maintenance!

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes, The notched nut is for adjusting the shocks. You will need a C spanner, or will have to bodge up summit

hey Andy you realize when lower the suspension it softens it which will alter the handling. I'm not judging how heavy you are

but if I was riding a 125 I would need it on highest/ hardest setting as I'm about 14 stone if your set on lowering it, do it one notch at a time on both side's of coarse ha ha!!! and make sure it doesn't bottom out on you over the bumps

or you could up riding one of these :hah::ambulance:

Cheers Tommy! I'm only 10 stone! No wait, that was before I met the wife! Still only 11 and a half!

I only thought about adjusting it cos the rear wheel touches the floor when on the centre stand. But if its not necessarydont think I'll worry! How will it alter the handling? I had near miss earlier today and wonder if that make it harder to handle? It does look as though if I alter it it will compress the spring and make it harder? I've also just had another look at it and this will maybe make the rear wheel touch the ground more?

Is there something else I should be doing to raise the rear wheel? The centre stand looks in good condition, so don't think it's that causing both wheels to be on the floor. It's no real issue - I just put a scaffold board on the floor when I need to oil the change! As long as it doesn't point at something else being wrong.

if I were you I would try it on different setting and see how it feels, wouldn't go to softest setting, I think that one is for 7 stone weaklings haha

have you got a standard front end on it ? I'm no expert should ask other sr owners if they have same problem,

foamy might know!

have you got a standard front end on it ? I'm no expert should ask other sr owners if they have same problem,

foamy might know!

Yes it's all standard. Cheers for that, I'll pm him!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online